Call Patty at (602) 908-5100 for location & directions.
TIME: 9:00 am
THOSE IN ATTENDANCE:
CALL TO THE PUBLIC AND MEMBERSHIP
- Unscheduled Members and Public may address the board with their topic for considerations. Each member or public will be allowed three minutes to address the board with their topic(s).
- (Consideration and discussion of comments and complaints from public and association members. Members of the board may not discuss items that are not on the agenda, therefore action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter or schedule the matter for further considerations at a later date.)
APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS BOARD MINUTES;
- Update on checking account
- Discussion and possible motion for changing banks
- Balance on all accounts.
- Funds available for conference
- Progress of scanning documents and organization of APSA Files
- Bills that need to paid
- Insurance update (Board members covered to teach ACPS class and refresher)
- Due to loss of records Administrator has been advised to issue CE’s to those persons who did not receive their certificates at the conference upon verification of registration.
- Discussion Motions and Possible action in reference “Arizona Process Servers Association” not a public entity and not a political party elected position therefore not required to Arizona Open Meeting Laws although we should continue to make efforts to be open about our actions and follow protocols.
- Discussion Motions and Possible action for net meeting dates and physical meeting dates for future APSA Meetings of 2015. (Note* Net Meetings would not need to be posted as they are work sessions.)
VICE PRESIDENT’S REPORT:
- Jenna Jones resignation as Secretary for APSA
- Discussion and possible motions and action for filling this vacancy.
- Update on membership listings
- Posting of future board meetings
- Discussion, concerns, possible action reference APSA members who offer business services of continuing education classes for profit. (Ensure APSA classes have not been plagiarized for individual profit)
- Next newsletter due date / letters from all board members. ( suggest topics of Ethics and Professionalism)
- Possible articles for publication
- Discussion on August Conference with AALPI. Possible motions and approval
- Discussion of March Continuing education Classes, possible motions and possible action by board to endorse classes.
- Discussion of Summer Flagstaff Classes (Tamara not going to host this year) Motions and possible action by board to endorse other classes
- John Carpenter letter and request to be reinstated (Grandfathered in) as ACPS Discussion by board and possible motions and action by board
- John Carpenters request for Certificates not received at conference (Note*this item has been addressed by the President and Administrator and certificates will be issued)
MOTION TO ADJORN